July 22, 2022
A LETTER FROM ST. CHRYSOSTOM’S WARDENS:
As St. Chrysostom’s Episcopal Church begins a new chapter of discernment, we are looking to form our Search Committee as we look for our next rector. At the July Vestry meeting, Vestry decided that the Search Committee will be led by two co-chairs and seven additional members. The Vestry will vote on the Search Committee at the September meeting, a significant milestone in our transition process.
Now is the time for your input. The next step in this process is to appoint a Search Committee comprised of a representative cross section of St. Chrysostom’s members. The nomination period is now open. If you are a parishioner in good standing and have a strong desire to help select our next leader, we urge you to nominate yourself. You are also invited to nominate fellow parishioners whom you believe possess the desired skills, qualities, and leadership required to work and pray with a diverse group of parishioners to live out this next important step in our parish’s mission and ministry.
Please submit nominations using the form HERE, by Monday, August 8th. If you require assistance, please call the church office at (312) 944-1083 and our church staff will be happy to complete the form on your behalf.
SEARCH COMMITTEE CHARACTERISTICS:
Those serving on the search committee should be committed to St. Chrysostom’s and should:
- be a member in good standing by regularly attending worship at St. Chrysostom’s
- have financially pledged or given regularly to St. Chrysostom’s mission and ministries
- have served in leadership capacities in various St. Chrysostom’s ministries
- be able to collaborate with others and be part of consensus decision making
- have demonstrated the wisdom and capacity to hold in confidence sensitive information
- be able to serve on this committee with the potential for bi-weekly meetings for up to 18 months.
If God is calling you to serve as a member of the Search Committee, we lift you up in prayer and give our heartfelt thanks for your consideration. We also understand it is a significant time commitment to join the Search Committee, and not every parishioner is available to be part of this committee. Please be assured that we will continue to keep the entire parish up to date with the search process and we ensure that your voices heard through a parish survey that will be conducted this coming fall.
John Bankhurst, Senior Warden
Ginny Van Alyea, Junior Warden